Saturday, January 23, 2016

MAKEOVER SERIES: NERISSA





Hello guys, I am so sorry for being MIA. I have been quite busy with work and I have little to no sleep lately so please bear with me. But heeeeeyy, I'm back and I want to start a new series here in my blog and I call it, "THE MAKEOVER SERIES". Every month, I will be posting this series and I will do a mini makeover on girls. Nothing fancy like HDIL though, just a simple recreation for those who do not like makeup but wants to shine, every once in a while. 

For my first series, let's take a spotlight on Nerissa. Ner, as fondly called, is a very busy career woman. She has no time for fuss when getting ready for work because her schedule is quite hectic. I created this very simple neutral smokey look on her and dark plum chestnut lips to bring out some drama. Since she has normal to fair skin, this makeover was easy for me. My mission was not really to alter her look but to bring out her already glowing complexion. So, here's what I used to curate her look:




Starting with the base, I used Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in the shade Light Beige. After foundation, I directly started on the eyes using Lorac Pro 1 Palette(not included in the photo,booo! You can check it here.). I used the shade Taupe and Mauve as a transition color in the crease and then the shade Sable and Espresso mixed together in the outer V to create a neutral smokey effect. Don't forget to blend until your hands hurt because that my friend is the secret to any smooth flawless eye shadow look. Since Ner has slightly hooded eyes, I used a shimmery shade which is Champagne and Gold on her mobile lid to also inject a flirty/romantic twist to a smokey look.  To intensify any shimmery shadow, I always ALWAYS spray it with water so that it will also stick to your lid and to prevent any fallout. I did not have falsies on hand so I just packed on mascara and a bit of liquid eyeliner to balance the look. Ner already has fine structured brows so I just enhanced the color by using my trusty IN2IT eyebrow powder to fill in the gaps and Etude House Drawing Eyebrow to define her arc. I normally start with brows and then eyeshadow but I just recently started to switch them up so that I can adjust depending on how her eyeshadow will come up if she'd be better with strong or light brows(just a tip). 

I really liked how the foundation brought out her true complexion but I still want some bronze into her face. With that, I used the most universal and flattering bronzer that I have and that is, Benefit Hoola Bronzer. I sweeped Hoola into the perimeters of her face, nose and on her cheeks to give dimension. Since I want more oomph, I contoured her face using Australis AC ON TOUR kit to carve out her cheekbones and used the Pink and Banana Powder to highlight the undereye area and set her foundation. To highlight, I used the shimmery powder in the Australis kit. For blush, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Classic. For the lips, I used a mix of my new favorite lipstick, Revlon Seductive Sienna but since I find it too strong, I put  Loreal Maple Mocha(not in photo, click here) on top to create that perfect 90's-inspired plum chestnut lips. And then VOILA.... Here's her finished look:

THE BEFORE AND AFTERMATH






Did you love Ner's look? Not to be bias, but I really do like how it turned out. I personally know Ner and I know that plum/berry/dark lips really suited her so I already knew what looks good on her. I think I did a good job in bringing out her fair  and glowing complexion which was the whole goal to this makeover and not completely revamp her look. Well, I didn't know if she will start to put on makeup after this but I do know that she is now hoarding lipsticks. HAHAHA. Diba Ner? Anyway, I definitely enjoyed this and will definitely be putting more of this in my coming posts. Did you like it? I sure did! (Love thy own, haha) Now, who is my next victim?

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :