Sunday, January 10, 2016

BACKYARD BURGER IS IN CEBU



My first time blogging on food and I am putting the spotlight on,  Backyard Burgers. I will be sharing my honest unbiased review on this Davao-favorite but first, let's see what the fuss is about. 



What's on the menu
Grilled burgers only
My order: Extra Cheesy Bacon Burger
Backyard Burgers originated in Davao and as a Sinulog treat, they decided to put up a pop-up store in Cebu just for the January festivity. Honestly, I am looking forward to their return because I was not able to catch them the first time they were here last year. So, when they announced that they will be here for a limited time, I had to be there. I am not an expert food critic but momma knows her burger TOO WELL

Going through their menu, they have a wide array of flavors for every burger lovers out there. There were a lot of unique combinations such as Japanese Oishii and Korean BBQ. For the adventurous, you might want to try that. I was overwhelmed with the choices but I opted for the classic, Extra Cheesy Bacon Burger. Their prices range from Php 160-300 which I think is priced reasonably. The only downside I could think of was that, we had to take out our food because they have no tables and chairs in their venue. So, people were just standing waiting for their food but not to worry because the serving time was FAST! 

Now, on to the taste test, I have my own standard when it comes to food. Whenever I taste a burger for the first time, I immediately compare it to my favorite burger in mind. So, when I tried it, the burger was just average. It was tasty, it was good but it is not the best thing that I have ever eaten. Nothing really stood out even if it was just a classic burger. They said that the key to a good burger is also the bun. If your bun does not compliment your burger, then chances are, your burger will be a flop. When I tasted BB's bun, I am instantly impressed. A black sesame bun will always have a place in my heart. The patty was also very juicy and it was grilled perfectly. The bacon was also huge which is a plus because I hate very thin sickly bacon cuts(if you are a foodie, you get me). Knowing that they are very generous with their serving, that's a total snatch. After devouring the burger, I felt that it was not enough. Haha! I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but whenever I consume a burger, I should be full and one should be enough. With BB, it felt like I needed another one. For Php 175, it was not enough and getting another one is TOO MUCH. I have a very big appetite so saying that means A LOT. But, I think there are a lot more burgers that are way more tastier than what I ordered and one serving should be enough. Don't get me wrong but I think BB burger just was not up to par with my all-time favorite burger in mind. Maybe, I need to try other flavors and I am eyeing on the BB Japanese Oishii Burger next time. If there is something that you suggest I'd try, please let me know because my stomach is more than willing to try.

If you want to give it a shot, please don't think twice and head on over now to Backyard Burgers. They are only there from January 10-16, 2016. They open from 11:00AM-9:00PM. Better go there now because they will be here  until supplies last. If they will no longer have supplies before the 16th, then they will be gone and it'll be one of those biggest regrets you have in your life, like me last year. Haha! Exit this blog now and head on over to BB and let me know what you ordered and how it worked for you.Viva Pit SeƱor, Cebu!


BACKYARD BURGERS
ENmore Residence Hall, 257-A Don Jose Avila St, Cebu City
Tel:(032) 505 2980
Jan 10-16 only
11:00AM-9:00PM

XOXO,
Angeli G. (The Foodie

No comments :