Sunday, May 1, 2016

APRIL FAVORITES



I know I have been neglecting my blog lately but I have been very busy with work and other personal activities. Sorry about that, but I am still here, being the makeup junkie that I am and today, I will share to you my April Beauty Favorites. As we bid Ciao to April, let me give a quick rundown on what I have been loving last month.



1. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder- I have talked about this on my Snapchat and its magical effects to my daily makeup routine. It really is amazing! I have been going back and forth with this product if I should give in to the hype or not because of it's hefty price tag. You can say that, YOUTUBE MADE ME DO IT, because I finally surrendered and caved in but I tell  you, this is the most treasured product I have in my collection. I cannot believe that the hype is true. This powder really keeps me matte all day. I have combination oily to dry skin, by the way. But, what I do is that I just sweep this product all over my T-Zone and at the end of my 9-hour shift work, my makeup is still intact. When I still don't use this, I was an oily mess on the 4th-5th hour but with this, I see oil popping out on the 7th-8th mark, which is really really impressive. This product is very popular for a reason and the HYPE is so true. I will continue to repurchase this and trust me, it is so worth it. I have never met a product that delivered accurate results. This is it. ETO NA TALAGA!

2. Colorpop Ultra Satin Lip - Not recently, Colorpop just released it's new line of liquid lipstick and that is their Ultra Satin Lips. This is their equivalent to their sought-after, Ultra Matte Lip. I was quick to jump on the bandwagon because I am a Colorpop fanatic and seeing that it has more of a satin-y feel, I was all up for it. I can say that this is by far, THE BEST thing that Colorpop has ever made. I couldn't stand their Ultra Matte lip because it made my lips drier than it already is. I had to remove if after 3-4 hours. (Sadly, since I like the colors very much). But with this, it sits comfortably on your lips, it is long-wearing and is very opaque. The only downside is that, it is not TRANSFER-PROOF. Yup, it'll leave an ugly mark to your cup of coffee. But, if you are not bothered by that and will opt for liquid lipstick that is more soft on the lips, then, this is for you.

3. MAC Taupe Lipstick- I have been looking for a nude mid-tone brown lipstick for awhile now and I am so pleased to have been introduced by this. This is the perfect 90's brown lipstick for every Filipinas with yellow to medium skin undertone. I had the privilege to try this even before I bought it and I was instantly impressed. I mean, MAC Lipsticks in general, is always an A+ but having to find the perfect everyday nude, can be tiresome. I have been wanting to buy Anastasia Ashton liquid lipstick(see here) but since seeing this, I was convinced that it is the exact dupe. So, I skipped it. If you are looking for a nude "virginal" I-dont-have-time-to-look-good-I-am-always-in-a-hurry-look, then this lipstick is for you.

What have you been loving lately for the month of April? Please share them on the comments down below and I would like to give them a try.

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :