Saturday, May 7, 2016

MEET ME AT PIGAFETTA




Piga Fetta, quite a catchy name but little did I know that Pigafetta was actually a person. Hey, I hate my history class(don't blame me). Antonio Pigafetta, was an Italian scholar who actually traveled with Ferdinand Magellan back in 1520's. Since he was an Italian, I figured it was fitting that they named the restaurant after him. I have been very intrigued by this place eversince my mom brought home their Pizza al Pigafetta, I knew I had to experience it for myself.

Despite our hectic schedule, my friend and I got to squeeze in some catching-up last weekend. I was quick enough to decide that we should have lunch at Piga Fetta. Thank God, she took the bait. As soon as I stepped into the place, I was actually surprised at how small it is compared to just looking at it from the outside. It can seat to approximately 50-60 persons but the ambiance is very sophisticated and classy. I would say that it would cost you at least 500 peso if you are planning to get any from their choices of main dish(under their Secondi menu), quite pricey I would say. But, if you like pizza and pasta and you are with a group, it is much more budget-friendly that way.

While waiting for my friend(who was running late), they served complimentary bread with tomato paste dip. The dip was very tasty and the gesture was appreciated because I was waiting there for about 30 minutes. This is a plus.


And this is what we ordered..
Pizza al Pigafetta

Lasagna

Tiramisu
After pigging out, I still think that the price is a steep too high but the food was delicious. Nothing fancy and magical but I did enjoy the pizza. If you are looking for an Italian resto with an elegant ambiance, then this place is for you. I would consider this as a perfect date spot for lovers because the environment has a romantic feel to it. If you are a coffee addict, you might want to try their Italian coffee because I heard it's good. Very tempting, if you ask me. As for the total cost of the luncheon, quite pricey at almost Php 1,000 but it was worth the try.

Piga Fetta is located at Axis Entertainment Avenue, just across Capitol Parish Church in Escario. And since the place is picture-worthy, I had to snap in some OOTD, right?


Style2go Cebu top, Bestfinds Thriftshop studded shorts and Mendrez flats
Lips: NYX Liquid Suede in Cherry Skies

No comments :