Sunday, July 30, 2017

JULY FAVORITES




Mr. Sun is taking a vacay somewhere in Greece and Mr. Rain is taking over. It’s still sunny in Cebu but it is mostly cloudy and rainy during noon and night. It has been crazy adjusting to this insane weather. Should I wear BB cream or not? Should I just stick to sunscreen? Decisions after decisions on my makeup choices can really take a toll on me.(#firstworldproblems) No matter how hard, my decision is final when it comes to my monthly favorites. Want to know what I have been loving this month? Read on!




 Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation // Php 500 //  Beautyhub_ph
(swatches below)

Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation – When I saw this make rounds in Youtube, I knew I had to get it. A matte foundation that is perfect for photography that underwent tests on seven different lighting condition sounds really enticing to me. When I first tried it, it didn’t really blew me away because I think the shade I got oxidized on me like crazy. I started using it again but this time, mixing it with my fave BB cream which is the BB Holic BB Cream. The two mixed together blends like a dream. The claims are true when it comes to oil control and preventing whitecast in photos. This foundation is very nice on the skin and amazingly lightweight. The only downside to this foundation is that it oxidized on me and not readily available in our country but other than that, this is such a good foundation. Just make sure to pick a shade lighter than your skin tone. The shade I got is in Golden Beige.

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer // Php 700-800 // Chedelyn's Cosmetics
(swatches below)


Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer – A lot of Youtubers have been raving about this product and I can immediately tell why. Aside from the fact that it smells amazingly good, this bronzer is really perfect for Pinay skintone. This bronzer has a bit of sheen and not overly matte. When applied, this adds a very bronzy glow that doesn’t look too over-the-top. You can definitely use it as a contour and the good thing is that you can build the color as opposed to a bronzer that gives you a strong brown streak on your face. If you are heavy handed, you will definitely find this bronzer helpful because of its sheer buildable formula. The swatch below does not justify how the product performs on the face. When swatched, it looks nothing but when applied to the cheeks, it brings out a natural healthy glow. Love love love this bronzer.

 Ever Bilena LTD Liquid Lipstick // Php 220 //  Watsons
(swatches below)

Ever Bilena LTD Liquid Lipstick in Soft Cinammon – When I tried this in Watsons, I was shooked. In the tube, this is a bright pink shade but when applied, the strong red undertone comes through. It can be intimidating to sport a bright red pink lipstick but I find this shade very wearable during the day. I really like the fruity bubble gum scent that it comes with. Longevity-wise, this is at par with Colorpop liquid lipsticks. Whenever I wear this, I feel very “pretty”. Hahaha, I know GGSS.

Beautyfix Hand Cream // Php 49 // Watsons
The Body Shop Hand Cream Moringa // Php 250 // The Body Shop
Joe of London Blushing Flower // Php 319 // Watsons

Hand Creams – I have been obsessed with hand creams just recently. These are the two hand creams that I have been using in rotation. I really like the smell of The Body Shop’s Moringa Hand Cream because I love floral scents. The Beautyfix one is super affordable and very good too. For a 60ml tube, it’s such a good steal. I don’t really care for hand creams before. I find that it’s not really important to have one. When I tried using one, I got hooked. I like the fact that my hands smell so good and it is so soft to the touch. I heard that hand creams also prevent your hands from aging. Amen to that.  I am in the hunt for the best hand cream. Any other hand creams that you can suggest to me? 
 
Joe of London Blushing Flower – Aside from hand creams, I blame my perfume hoarding solely to KathleenLights. She recently had a perfume haul in her channel and I was hooked. Next day, I found myself roaming through Rustans and sniffed a thousand perfumes. I swear my nose was abused that day. Let’s face it, perfumes are expensiiiiiivee. I am glad I discovered this perfume in Watsons called Joe of London which kind of reminds me of the Jo Malone packaging. Compared to the latter, this one is much cheaper and lasts long on the skin. They have a lot of scents but this is the one that I like the most. I really like floral scents so this was my obvious choice. The scent name Blushing Flower best describes this scent because of its sweet floral scent. I am so bad at describing scents but do me a favor and spray a bit of this in Watsons and I tell you, you will get hooked. I will definitely explore more from this brand because at the price of Php  319, this is such a good buy!
 
SWATCHES

What are your July faves? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Let me know!

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :