Saturday, July 1, 2017

JUNE FAVORITES


Here comes another round of my monthly favorites and I can't wait to share with you what I have been loving, dying, breathing recently. Two months to go and we are nearing the BER season already. I can't wait. But first, check out my raves this month.
    iWhite Korea BB.Holic BB Cream // Php 150 // Watsons

     1. iWhite Korea BBHolic BB Cream – This BB cream literally blew my socks off. I am 98% sure this will immediately go to my Yearly favorites because I have not put it down eversince I got it(unless something revolutionary comes up). BB creams make me feel some type of way, haha! Seriously, it just doesn’t sit well with my skin. I hate that I have to retouch everyday when I use one but this in particular, stays put and makes my skin look glowy. Yes, I still oil up after 5 hours but this provides a dewy finish and I ain’t mad at it. If you are looking for an everyday BB cream, this is the bees’ knees. For Php25 per sachet, it’s worth a shot. Sadly, they only have two shades available which is such a turn-off. But other than that, I have no complaints here. I bought the two shades- Light and Beige- because I can’t make up my mind. Yes, I am soooo extra. You can read about my review here.

Essence Satin Blush // Php 249 // Watsons
 
2.  Essence Satin Touch Blush in Satin Love – Everytime my fave youtuber, CoffeebySparkleMimi raves about a product, I always go out of my way to buy it. This blush is one of her favorites so I marched all the way to Watsons to find out what the deal is about. And oh my lawd, it is worth the buy. For only Php 250, this blush can compete with MAC and Nars blushes. I kid you not. This blush has a satin(obviously) finish and is very easy to apply. On the cheeks, this applies very smoothly and you can build it up to the intensity that you want. I find that the shade does not give you a “clown-like” effect but more of blush-from-within cheeks. It almost looks nothing in the pan but you almost don’t need a highlighter when you wear this because it has a slight sheen and it stays on all day with minimal fading. For that price, dude I ain’t complainin’.

K Palette 2 Way Eyebrow Liquid // Php 895 // Beautybar
 
3.  K-Palette Lasting 2WAY Eyebrow Liquid 1 Day Tattoo in Shade # 4-My gosh K-palette, can you shorten your names? But honestly, this has got to be the best discovery I have had SOOO FAR(next to my well-raved NR gel). I have been hearing a lot of good things about K-Palette and their brow products. K-Palette has about the same reputation with Anastasia when it comes to brow products here in Asia. They don’t call themselves “The Brow Authority” for nothing. I must say, they were right. Eversince I have been using it, I had a new appreciation of how I do my brows. I am very much loyal to my Anastasia dipbrow that when I used this, I was able to shape my brows without making it look to “perfect - if that makes any sense. The applicator is a felt tip liner which allows you to create very fine strokes. I still like the bold sculpted brow look but this one allows you to create a natural stroke without making it look too made-up. I have very thick uneven brows and this liquid liner makes them looks thick and even(HA! No more pahak brows). It is a bit expensive and I think this product will dry out very quickly but I will say that, IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. No wonder celebrities use this all the time. Queen P uses it, so why not follow suit?

COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad // Php 900 // BeautyMNL
Kiehl's Daily Recovery Concentrate // Php 1500 // Kiehl's

4. COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pads – Everytime I watch Korean skincare routine tutorials in Youtube, they never fail to mention COSRX and this one in particular is always in the front row. This product has bagged a lot of beauty awards on 2016 that got me really curious. My main concern is always my visible pores, oily T-zone and my acne scars. This product claims to reduce acne breakouts and promote clearer skin. It may sound very cynical but even if I love my NR gel, that alone does not reduce my acne scars(bummer, I know. But, I still swear on my NR gel). Anything that reduces my acne scars, I am all for it. So when I first tried it, I was immediately hooked because it did brighten my skin and reduced my acne scars significantly in about 2-3 days(craazzzy!). The tube comes with 70 wet pads that are pre-soaked with willow bark water and other good skincare ingredients from the product. Just make sure to close the lid always to avoid the pads from drying. I cut the pads in half so that it is not too sayang. Because honey, the price ain’t joking. I have been using this as a toner then partnered with my NR Aloe Gel at night. I keep my skincare as minimal as possible because I don’t want to over exfoliate my face. Other than that, this was such a good buy!

5.  Kiehl’s Daily Recovery Concentrate- I have this product for a long time now but it was only recently that I have been using it more than usual. This is not a serum but more of a beauty oil that is mineral oil-free(crazy, right?) that is meant to be applied only during the day. It is very lightweight and it’s not greasy whatsoever(yay!). I do have days wherein I don’t want to wear makeup. I just wear sunscreen and that’s it. I have no problems with my sunscreen but can be quite difficult blending because there is not enough moisture from my skin. I apply this first to my face then followed by my sunscreen. Eversince I  put this on first, my sunscreen applies to my skin very smoothly and easily. The sunscreen doesn’t tug on my skin and it doesn’t leave a white cast. It’s craaazzy! The Kiehl’s concentrate mixed in with my sunscreen gave off a brightening effect because this product has ginger root, sunflower and Tamanu- ingredients known to be antioxidants and keeps skin looking youthful and fresh. I totally agree with the claims because even with no makeup, my skin looked very radiant and to me, that’s all that matters. It can be quite expensive but if you have no make-up makeup days, try using a facial oil or a serum first then followed by your favorite sunscreen. I tell you, it’ll make a HUGE difference. 

What are your raves this month? Have you tried any of this products? Let me know what your thoughts are. 

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :