Saturday, June 3, 2017

KEEP OR SKIP SERIES: iWHITE KOREA BB. HOLIC EVERYDAY BB CREAM


iWhite Korea BB. Holic BB Cream // Watsons // Php 24.50

I have been ranting non-stop about our weather here in Cebu that I almost ran out of energy to put on makeup(eek!).  You take an extra hour to perfect your base and then after an hour or so, poof it’s gone. With that, I have been forced to hunt for a BB cream that can really withstand the insane weather in Cebu. I am personally not a fan of BB creams because I find that they don’t stay longer than a foundation would. I hate retouching because I feel that it’s such a waste of product. But, I have discovered the trick to prolonging the wear of your BB cream(which I will share here) so all I need to do is find one that is very lightweight and gives you more of a demi-matte finish.  Lo and behold, this 24-peso BB cream from iWhite Korea is just heaven-sent because it is not only affordable but it claims to provide natural looking coverage. Hmm, but is it worth it? Let’s see..
 
I blame my impulse buys to my daily Watsons trip but upon hearing nice review from Youtube gurus about this BB cream, I decided to give it a shot. For Php 24, it’s worth a try. The BB cream comes in a sachet form that is split into two with worth of 4ml in product. The sachet might be good for 3-4 uses depending on the amount of product you use.  It can be quite expensive but they have recently launched it in tube size which is worth Php 150. Since I am a bit hesitant to try, I started off with the sachet form. There are only 2 shades  available: Light and Beige which is craaazzyy. I got the shade Beige.




The product claims to instantly perfect your complexion, provides natural coverage and protection while it nourishes and enhances your skin through its Aroma Herb Complex formulation. It is also infused with active lightening and anti-aging properties to give you multiple benefits from a single application. 

Let’s see how it performs starting when it’s freshly applied up until its 8th hour mark.

Freshly applied in natural lighting // Product used with primer and powder
Freshly applied:  Beige may look dark when I squeezed it out but when I buffed it into my face, it adjusts to my skin tone giving it a natural finish with light to medium coverage. It did not look dark on me and it somehow evens out my skin tone. I have primer underneath my BB cream and a crap ton of powder. That, my friend, is the secret to locking your BB cream in place—mattifying primer + mattifying powder.

Left: After 4 hours in natural lighting // Right: After 4 hours using mobile camera phone

After 4 hours with no retouching, the BB cream is still in place but I am beginning to see a bit of shine on my T-zone but nothing alarming.  Using mobile phone, my skin looked flawless and glowy. No retouching here.

After 8 hours in normal room lighting
 On the 8th hour, still no retouching, my face looked dewy but NOT GREASY. My make-up is still intact giving off that natural glowy finish. It didn’t settle into my pores(yay!) and two colleague of mine complimented on my makeup that day(double yay!).





MY FINAL THOUGHTS:



YAY's:

Natural coverage

Demi-matte finish

Lightweight on the skin

With SPF 10 PA+

Sweet fruity smell that goes away when applied to the skin


NAY's:

Sachet packaging is not convenient for storage or traveling

Only two shades available: Light and Beige

Might not be long-wearing if you don’t wear primer underneath



Final Verdict: iWhite Korea BB Holic BB Cream is definitely a KEEPER! I tested this product for a week so that I will be able to give constructive review on the product and I am beyond ecstatic that this worked out for me. I have been wearing it for weeks now and I am more than happy with the result. This is not the best in oil control because my T-zone still produces oil at the end of the day. With my oily combination skin, I can work with this BB in prolonging its wear but still maintain that “natural glow from within”. This has sunscreen protection of SPF 10 PA+ so it is perfect for our humid weather. I already purchased the tube size because I get anxiety when I ran out of my fave product. 

Have you tried this product? Did it work out for you? How did you like my KEEP or SKIP Series? Should I do this more often? Any products you want me to review? What other BB creams should I try? Comment down below.

XOXO, 
Angeli G.


2 comments :

vanessa east said...

What primer did you use?

xoxo,
Banisa

Unknown said...

Gwaps, I used Rimmel Stay Matte Primer!