Saturday, June 10, 2017

"NO MAKE-UP" MAKEUP LOOK: SUMMER EDITION


On days when I don't want to wear any makeup, I still want to look presentable and put together. There are only two makeup routines that I do--full-on makeup or no makeup at all. BUT, with the summer heat and with the fear of aging, I have grown to love sunscreen nowadays. Guys, you need to grab one because you can't go bare nowadays. You need to start protecting your skin. So for this post, I will be sharing you how I do my "no makeup" makeup routine without adding a crap ton of makeup underneath but still look natural and fresh. This is a lengthy post. So yeah, grab a snack.

*I literally just got out of the shower hence the uncombed hair. So let's just ignore that.  I usually comb my hair when I am done doing my makeup. WARNING!! Please do not do this when you are going to be photographed because this will definitely create a whitecast.



L: Marrionaud Brush// Php 79 //Wastons Philppines  // R: Anastasia Dripbrow Pomade // $21 // Sephora
First are BROWS. I can't leave the house without my brows on. I always make sure to do them(that's just me) because I have very sparse uneven brows so I make sure to fill them in. On no makeup days, I fill them in very lightly.
Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ // Php 2500 // Kiehl's Philippines
Second is SUNSCREEN.  If you decide to go bare face, please don't.  At least put sunscreen on. It is very important to stay protected from the sun. WARNING!! Putting on sunscreen will create a white cast which will look ugly on photography. If you have to do it, do it on natural lighting and not with a flash.

Beauty Recipe Sun Protector DD Cream // Php 340 // Darlz Shoppe
Next is a DD Cream. I didn't know we have DD creams not until I used this product. DD stands for daily defense which is basically still sunscreen protection but this one comes with a peachy tint. When applied, this will definitely give a white cast but I add this to my routine to make sure that I am extra protected. This is very extra but this step is optional. I love this cream so I always include this in my routine.

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer // Php 350// NYX Philippines
Next step is concealer. I have dark spots and blemishes on my face so I cover them up with concealer. This step evens out your skintone and apply it on areas where you need it most. Just blend using your fingers. I use a brush after to make sure it is blended seamlessly.

Physcians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Bronzer // Php 800// Chedelyns Cosmetics
The sunscreen, DD cream and concealer can make you look hella white. To tone down the ghastly appearance, I add bronzer to my forehead and cheeks to add a bit of dimension to the face. This step will give you that bit of color so that you will not look too flat  and Casper-y.

Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder // Php 300 // Metro Ayala Cebu
To set all the products in place, I add powder on the areas where you applied your sunscreen and concealer. This will ensure that your base will not move.

Skin Genie Lip and Cheek Stain Alive in Cherry Pink // Php  80 // BeautyMNL
After powder, I add my favorite lip and cheek tint which is the Skin Genie Cheek and Lip Stain. I just deposit a small amount of product to my fingers then pat them into my cheeks. Even with the powder underneath, this tint blended seamlessly to my skin.


And lastly to cap off everything, apply the tint to your lips. I just add a sheer amount on my lips and blend them with my fingers. This will add a bit of a "just bitten" color to your lip which I really love. And tada.. here is the finish  look.


Using mobile phone in natural lighting
There goes by summer edition "no makeup" makeup look. What is your usual summer makeup routine? Do you prefer to go full on glam or go for the soft natural look? By the way, please don't forget to enter my giveaway! I am holding a Loreal True Match foundation giveaway on my FB page and IG. To know how to win, just go to my IG or FB page and follow the instructions provided for you. Good luck, lovies!

XOXO,
Angeli G.

1 comment :

Adit said...

Summer feels really pathetic if we don't know how to take care of ourselves properly.Get the summer makeup lesson from makeup artist , to improve your skills and learn how to look glamours and stunning in summer too, with using minimal products.