Saturday, July 30, 2016

JULY FAVORITES


Hi lovies, welcome to another episode of Monthly Favorites. One month left and we are headed to the buurrr months. Amazing, right? In the next 30 days, we will be feeling the Christmas spirit all over again. It's crazy how time goes, but first, on to my July Favorites. Let's go..(Starting from L-R, Top-Bottom)


1. Nichido Lip Pencil in Rosette and Spice- This is your bestfriend when you are still a newbie to applying liquid lipsticks. Liquid lippies can be quite tricky to apply. One mistake can lead to a disaster and will make you look like Joker and his smeared lipstick(unless you want to be theatrical). But really, skip the MAC lipliners and go for this instead. They are very long-wearing and for its price, it does a good job in lining your lips with or without lipstick on top. I highly recommend. (Swatches below)

2. MAC 208 Angled Brow Brush- I discovered this brush through a colleague of mine and I just can't stop thinking about it. So, I bought one for myself. This has completely changed my brow routine for the past month because of its precise angled tip that gives you the precision to line your brows perfectly. I have been using this lately to line my brows first and then fill in the front sparse area of my brows and it is amazing. MAC marketed this product as an angled brow but it is also perfect in applying gel eyeliners. Such a good all around product. Quite pricey but definitely worth it. If you are obsessed with brows, makes this an investment and thank me later.

3. Naturactor Cover Face Concealer Foundation- I have always loved this product the moment I got it but it was this month that I was abusing it non-stop. I have been skipping foundation lately and went straight to applying this only on the center part of my face(forehead, undereye area, nose and chin). The good thing about this concealer is that it does not oxidize on me and is also such a good all-around product. After applying, I just set it with powder and then voila, I am ready to go. I used this when I was just starting out with makeup and it did not disappoint. If you are a newb, you should get this.

4. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Pressed Powder in Light Bronzer- I have to admit that this bronzer comes close to my all-time favorite bronzer which is, Nars Laguna. This comes in second because it is too good. It has a light coverage giving you an almost satin-y feel to the skin. This bronzer is buildable and gives you a natural bronzed look. I prefer sheer bronzers over pigmented ones so that I can control the product on my skin. In the Philippines, it is not really ideal to wear bronzers everyday due to our climate as bronzers oxidizes like crazy on oily skin. But if you are a bronzer freak despite the humidity, get this and you will not regret it. This product is not readily available in the Philippines but you can try to pre-order this online or in Chedelyn's Cosmetics.

Nichido Lip Pencil Swatches
Rosette-nude rosey pink; Spice-brick chestnut rose
What are you loving this month? Can I get an applause for including swatches? Yes, please? I am quite digging it. Such a newb in this beauty shots but I promise to get better. :)

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :