Saturday, March 4, 2017

FEBRUARY FAVORITES



Hello lovies, it is just the fourth of March but it seems like a lot has happened already, right? Despite my amicable absence I hope you are doing fine this first quarter of the year. How's it been for you? I hope you all have a good first round of the year. It ain't bad, right? Anyway, it has been awhile that I have been doing my favorites series. There was nothing that stood out to me, make-up wise, because I have been doing "minimal" makeup lately. Just this love month, there have been some standouts for me and I can't wait to share you what they are. Let's start.



1. Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel- If you follow my social media(FB & IG), you know how much I raved about this product. Marketed as an all-around product for the hair, face and skin, this is amazing for its price. For only Php180(@Althea Korea) and it comes in a 300ml tub, just imagine the endless possibilities you can do with this gel. Personally, I use this as an overnight sleeping pack and so far, it has minimized by redness. I have not been wearing moisturizer and I just use this before going to sleep and it has worked wonders to my face. This genius gel is not going anywhere in my vanity. This is LIFE!

2. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask - I don't know what to say about this product but its the best sleeping masks I have ever tried that delivers immediate results. When I use this at night and in the morning after, my skin has never felt so plump, bright and hydrated for a very long time. It's really good! I use this and the Nature Republic interchangeably. On days when I don't wear makeup, I just use this the night before and the next day, my skin feels like a baby(no kidding) and I just wear SPF and then I am good to go. My colleagues always think that I put on makeup. Amazing, right? Without makeup, I really noticed a difference when I applied this the night before. IT IS THAT GOOD. But since this can be very heavy on the budget, I use this only once or twice a week. But if you want to invest on a good skincare, buy this and you won't regret it!

3.  Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder- Ok, I blame PatrickStarr and Anna Cay on my Coty Airspun obsession. I was very much happy with my Laura Mercier powder but the fact that it is expensive makes me want to find for another alternative. So when I saw Patrick and Anna use this on their makeup routine, I am instantly sold. It may look powdery but at the end of the day, it keeps my makeup stay LOCKED in place. The scent can be very overpowering but hey, if this prolongs my makeup even better than how my Laura Mercier does, then I am IN. Skip the Laura Mercier powder and buy this one. It is A+!

4. Skin Genie Lip & Cheek Stain in Cherry Pink - Among all my BeautyMNL haul, this one stood out the most. I have been using the KJM Cosmetics lip stain but when I started using this, I have been using it non-stop. I really like the fact that it has a watermelon scent and it doesn't leave a chemical taste on my lips which is a thumbs up for me. I hate it when my lip tint leaves a bitter taste on my lips(Hello Tony Moly and Ever Bilena). The fact that this one retails for Php80 a pop, this is the best!

5. The Original Beauty Blender - Ok, this one is my HOLY GRAIL makeup applicator. No kidding guys, this is worth every penny. I now I raved about my RT Complexion sponge but when I used this, I was instantly blown away. I used to apply my foundation using a brush but when I used this, I have never used my brushes for foundation application since. The beauty blender is so soft and it does stays true to its claim that it applies your foundation flawlessly--almost to an airbrushed effect. It amazes me until now. I can be heavy handed with my foundation but when I used this, my makeup looks "almost natural", goodbye cakey makeup. Guys, this should be an investment. I kid you not.

6. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream- This might surprise everyone but I have been loving the "Skin Is In" movement(I don't know if there is such, haha). Lately, I don't want to pile on too much  makeup because I have been loving the no-makeup makeup look recently. The mere fact that I have been investing so much on skincare products, I want to let my skin breathe once in a while to maximize the results of my skincare routine. On days when I wear makeup, this CC cream has been my go-to makeup base lately. I'm not a fan of BB creams and CC creams before but this one in particular is FULL COVERAGE. You can't imagine how this one almost has a foundation finish but it has the lightest ingredients and feeling to the skin. It almost feels like you don't have anything on your face. If I feel a little fancy, I mix this one with my other foundation and it creates a luminous matte feel. Yup, LUMINOUS and MATTE. Hey, don't you find that enticing? I DO! 

Whew. I had a lot to talk, didn't I? If you notice, I also incorporated solo shots to give you a whole view of the product up close. Can I get a clap for effort? Hahaha. Anyway, what makeup look have you been rocking this month? Are you also in the Skin Is In movement? Let me know!

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :