Sunday, October 9, 2016

MAKEOVER SERIES: AYLA


Did you guys miss my Makeover Series? I sure did. On my second installment, let's have the seat to Ayla Adoptante. Ayla exudes a youthful exuberance that only her can pull off. She is the perfect canvass for this series since she knows zero about makeup but looks just as pretty when glammed. She loves everything Korean so that is where I based my inspiration on this makeover. My goal  is to not really alter her look but to give a more fresh ala Korean glow since that is the look she already embodies.


To achieve the fresh Korean glow, one must have naturally dewy skin. Since Ayla, is more on the normal to dry side so the key is to find a dewy or demi-matte foundation. With this look, I used Loreal True Match foundation and Maybelline Fit Me concealer to brighten her undereye area. Fit Me is the perfect concealer since this does not have a matte finish which will bring out her eyes forward without looking too flat. Korean brows are easy to replicate compared to Western because they are mostly bushy, straight and almost undone. I used Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade to just fill in the sparse area without defining the arc and tail to mimic the K-pop brow. Bronzing is not really a thing in the Asian beauty community but I believe that this is the key to the look especially when you take pictures. Since this requires photography, I have to be honest and put on a ton of bronzer to provide structure and dimension to her face and load a ton of blush. If you want a natural finish, you can skip bronzing and just put on a small amount of blush on the cheeks. Finished it off with some good ol' highlight and MLBB pink on the lips. If you want to achieve that authentic K-pop look, LESS IS MORE.

And.. TADA!! 

THE BEFORE AND AFTERMATH


Waiiitt.. Doesn't she look AMAZING?? I know right. But, what do you think about this transformation? Let me know.

XOXO,
Angeli G.

No comments :