Friday, December 30, 2016

THE MAKEUP RUNDOWN: THE BEST OF 2016


Hello lovies, how you all doing? I hope you had fun during the holidays! I have been quite very busy since I just got back from Cebu from a work-related trip. Don't worry, I will definitely catch up with my posts. I may be a bad blogger but I won't let this year end without listing down the best of the best of 2016. This list is based on my opinion and on products that I have tried for the entire year. These items were those that had the most use out of me. I will be sharing my pick per category(face, cheeks, and so on.). Ok, let's do this. *WARNING! Good and amazing might be too overused in this post. ;)*



FACE
(top to bottom)


  1. Best Skincare: Lush Angels on Bare Skin
    • Hands down, the best skin care that I have used for 2016. When it comes to exfoliating, it does a good job in removing my whiteheads without losing the moisture in my face. Can't.Live.Without.It.
  2. Best Foundation: Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation
    • This has never failed me in so many levels. If ever I want a matte long-wearing foundation, this is my go-to foundation. The shade matches me so well that I had to buy back-ups of this baby. Too bad the Asian version is not comparable to this.
  3. Best Primer: Benefit The Porefessional Gel Matte Rescue
    • The original porefessional might be everyone's favorite(still is my fave up to this day) but when I discovered this, it was an instant love affair. This gel formula is just as good as the original one. I have been using it non-stop that I need to buy the full-size version.
  4. Best Concealer- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
    • I have this weird routine with concealers. I only use them alone and not with a whole face of make-up. With that weirdness in me, the only concealer that lived up when worn alone and with makeup, is this Collection concealer. It's so good and I have 80-90% no creasing when I use this. Plus, the price point is so cheap but difficult to find since it's a UK brand but nonetheless, it is a HIT! 
CHEEKS
(top left to right - bottom left to right)


  1. Best Bronzer: Nars Laguna Bronzer
    • Unarguably, this bronzer deserves a cult status. Very expensive but sooo worth it. If you are not a fan of the contouring craze and you just want a bit of bronze into your skin, this is your bestfriend. I had to stop using it because I am afraid to buy a new one. Haha. LOL.
  2. Best Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
    • If people can't stop using this, it's because it is THAT GOOD. I had to find out for myself what the craze was about but when I got to try it, all the other powders were replaced by this. If you have this, skip the MAC Studio Fix powder or your usual powder foundation and use this. It deserves all the praise it's getting. Cant.Live.Without.It.For.Reals.
  3. Best Blush: Benefit Rockateur
    • When I got to try the sample size of this blush, it immediately became a favorite. I lost the sample size that I had to immediately purchase the full size version. I am a blush junkie and this one stood out the most. I used it non-stop that I had to stop and use something else. I am so weird because I don't want to empty my favorite ones. LOL.
  4. Best Highlighter: Laura Mercier Highlight 01 Matte Radiance Powder
    • This is just the best highlighter I have ever came across. Whenever I want to glow on those dull days, this is my bestfriend. If you are not a fan of the wet highlighted look, this is perfect for you since it is subtle and matte. THE BEST EVER,

EYES
(top to bottom right)
  1. Best Eyeshadow Palette: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
    • I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis but when I have a makeup gig, I always bring this in tow. It has a good mixture of neutrals and shimmers and it is so easy to create a look with these shadows. Let's not forget the fact that Too Faced makes the best eye shadow formula and this is just my favorite. Ooohh, and that chocolate smell is irresistible.
  2. Best Brow Product: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in 03
    • I can't count how many times I have repurchased this pencil. I really like how it's so easy to use and for the price, it's really good. I can't do my brows without this product. Can't.Live.Without.It.No.Kidding.
  3. Best Mascara: Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara
    • I can't believe this mascara existed because not only does it make my lashes long but it stays on LIKE GLUE. Everytime I wear this, it's like I am wearing falsies but careful because it's a pain to remove but totally worth it. Sadly, this is available in Japan. If you need a pasalubong from Japan, ask someone to buy this for you. 
  4. Best Eyelash Curler: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
    • This eyelash curler just solves the day. I can't find any other reason why I won't use this. This was a good investment because if you bought a "not-so-good" mascara and you use this together, this enhances the performance of your mascara. Just imagine when I use this with my Heroine Make(which is like cement), you don't need falsies anymore. I can't wear mascara alone, I need this ALL THE TIME
LIPS
(top to bottom)
  1. Best Lip Balm Treatment: C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm
    • I have the driest lips in the whole entire universe but when I used this, it helped me restore my lip condition than it ever did before. I use this during nighttime and when I wake up, my lips are instantly moisturized. I had to buy a back-up right away since I am using it everyday.
  2. Best Liquid Lipstick: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick
    • The formula of this lipstick is just beyond amazing. Most liquid lipstick formulation just dries out my lips even more. Jeffree's is very easy to wear and very comfortable when its on your lips. I have no words to say. Forget Colourpop and Kylie, if you want that is not too drying, get Jeffree Star.
  3. Best Regular Lipstick: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick
    • I thought that MAC only has the best lipstick formulation in the world but when I tried the UD Vice lipstick, I was blown away. I picked the comfort matte formula on this line and it's the best lipstick I have ever worn. With over 100 shades to choose from, there will always be something for you. Comfortable + Long-Wearing + Not Drying = AMAZINGNESS.
TOOLS, NAILS & PERFUME
(left to right)
  1. Best Nail Polish Remover: OMG One Dip Instant Nail Lacquer Remover
    • I always find cotton + acetone a hassle when removing my nail polish. When I discovered this, it was like heaven-sent. For lazy girls like me, this is your bestfriend. Just dip your fingers into the bottle and then poof, your nail polish is gone. For Php50, you can never go wrong.
  2. Best Nail Polish: La Belle in Cinammon
    • When I borrowed this polish from a friend, I had to go and buy it. It's the perfect mauvey rose nail polish that I have ever came across. The color is so unique to me that it's my go-to nail polish 90% of the time. 
  3. Best Make-up Setting Spray: Mario Badescu Facial Spray
    • This quickly replaced my MAC Fix Plus in just seconds. This is my go-to everytime I just want to hydrate my face, for setting my cakey foundation and locking my make-up in place. For more than the fraction of the price of a MAC Fix Plus, this is a keeper.
  4. Best Perfume: Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto 
    • I had to get a travel size container just so I can bring this along with me in my make-up bag. I really like the floral + fruity +woody scent of this perfume. Anything that is woodsy and musky is always an instant favorite for me,
  5. Best Make-up Tool: Real Techniques Buffing Brush
    • This is hands-down the most abused and overused brush in my collection. I use this everytime I apply my foundation and a quick retouch in the office. There was a time wherein I can't do my make-up if this was not the brush I used. This is a must-have for me and I can't imagine using any other brush except this. 

WHEW!  That was quite a list. There you go guys, those were my most used and abused makeup items for the year of 2016. Before I go, I want to greet everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR and thank you so much for the continued support despite my absence. See you next year, lovies. 
**Sending you virtual hugs and kisses.**

XOXO,
Angeli G,

No comments :